Assistance for startup creation
- IIT has a Technology Transfer Office (TTO) which helps researchers to perfection their startup idea, evaluate the business plan, creates contacts and opportunities for funding (VCs, seed, etc.).
- The TTO can also provide legal advice and can help to elaborate on the best strategy (market, financing, technological, etc.).
- IIT has established (for internal startups/researchers) a “de-risking” fund (for a total of 5M euros) to support researchers in increasing the TRL of their prototypes with the aim of increasing attractiveness of funding.
Preparation, advice, and submission of patents
- Part of the TTO is fully dedicated to patenting. This includes all stages of the preparation of patent filing (which is eventually executed through a specialized firm).
- IIT normally analyzes the ideas before any action is taken.
- A periodic evaluation of active patents is carried out (on a yearly basis) to decide whether to renew any given patent depending on consideration of potential marketability.
- IIT does not provide patent survey services.
- IIT can organize advertisement at any possible occasion. Normally IIT researchers attend all robotics related conferences and some industry fairs.
- IIT is now a partner of the local “Digital Innovation Hub” in the region, which is a good means to reach industry.