Assistance for startup creation
- UPC has a section dedicated to innovation that includes startup creation and patents. https://www.upc.edu/en/r-d-i/innovation
- Entrepreneur space: https://www.upc.edu/emprenupc/en
- The Entrepreneurship Space Emprèn UPC is a space for students and recent graduates (< 2 years) who have a business idea and need a place to make it real. At the Entrepreneurship Space Emprèn UPC they will be able to develop it in its initial phases, receiving training and personal advice.
- Emprèn UPC, to which you can access with the UPC student card all year round, takes up a surface of more than 500m2 and has workspaces for groups from two to six people. It includes a meeting room that can hold up to nine people, areas habilitated for networking and a shared resources area. The Space Emprèn, which also integrates a storage room and a service room (kitchen and dining room), is equipped with 30 lockers and Wi-Fi.
- It is foreseen that the period of occupancy of the workspaces will be of a maximum of a year.
- The Entrepreneurship Space Emprèn UPC is a project brought to you with the collaboration of Ajuntament de Barcelona (Barcelona Activa).
Preparation, advice, and submission of patents
- UPC provides the following service regarding patents:
https://www.upc.edu/innovacio/ca/oficina-patents/serveis-ofertats-per-la-oficina-de-patents-i-llicencies-upcTeaching and Research Staff
-Advice on the protection of the results of the research
-Determination of the type of protection, geographical scope, etc.
-Advice to establish the most suitable strategy to follow with each one of the results of the research
-Management of the UPC patent portfolio:
1.Registration and processing
2.Tracking of applications and patents
3.International extensions (PCT, EP, US, …)
-Valuation of the UPC patent portfolio
-Promote culture of protection in the area of research
1.Conferences on patents by researchers
2.Training in aspects related to industrial and intellectual property
-Help researchers to export the protected results of research to the industrial environment, contacting companies, creating synergies with agents that facilitate this transfer.
-Negotiate and manage licenses that allow you to obtain a return of the protected results.
-Measure the patentability of the inventions that arrive at the office, through the analysis of searches in specialized BBDD.
Access to the catalog of UPC technologies: Technology Offers https://www.upc.edu/innovacio/ca/oficina-patents/technology-offers
The Espai d’Emprenedoria Emprende UPC a space aimed at students or recent graduates who have a business idea and need a space where they can make it happen. In the UPC Emprèn Space they will be able to develop it in initial phases receiving training and advice: Emprèn UPC http://www.upc.edu/emprenupc/ca
- UPC has a specific section CIT UPC dedicated to the relations between Academy and Industry looking for Technology Transfer. http://cit.upc.edu/en
- They participate in the European Project “Science 2 Society” about Best Practices for Open Innovation. They give support to the UPC students, predocs and postdocs. They want to programme in their activities a visit for foreign visitors to show what the UPC is.